Re: Quit issue

  • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2001
      > Greetings,
      >
      > It would seem that vim will not respond to a quit event, so it will block
      > a standard restart or shut down or scheduled shut down. Is there any
      > way around this?

      Vim doesn't respond to any AppleEvents, nor can it send any.
      I'm not sure anyone will spend the time to add this to 5.7 but it is
      definetly on the TODO list for 6.0. We just need more programmers on the
      Mac side.

      Axel

      --
      There is nothing left to try
      There is nothing left to choose
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2001
        on 11/02/01 4:33, Axel Kielhorn at Vim%Blue.Wizzard@... wrote:

        >> Greetings,
        >>
        >> It would seem that vim will not respond to a quit event, so it will block
        >> a standard restart or shut down or scheduled shut down. Is there any
        >> way around this?
        >
        > Vim doesn't respond to any AppleEvents, nor can it send any.
        > I'm not sure anyone will spend the time to add this to 5.7 but it is
        > definetly on the TODO list for 6.0. We just need more programmers on the
        > Mac side.

        The last time I checked, Vim was supporting Apple events including Quit.
        This is at least on the PPC version. The 68k should be also able to support
        it, as long as it have been compiple in and that the "Accept High Level
        Event" bit of the SIZE resource is set properly. I had to have a mimnal
        support of the APPle Event in order to get the preliminary support as ab
        external editor for CodeWarrior.

        The only problem I see with the Quit event is that it's a :q and not a :wqa