Unsubscribing?

  • Florent Pillet
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2004
      The vim-mac-unsubscribe address doesn't work (tried it several times).
      Unsubscribing using commands in the subject line doesn't work either.
      How do I leave this list? I receive enough spam like that...

      Florent

      --
      Florent Pillet, Code Segment florent.pillet@...
      Developer tools and end-user products for Palm OS & Mac OS X
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2004
        On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:17:33PM +0100, Florent Pillet wrote:
        > The vim-mac-unsubscribe address doesn't work (tried it several times).
        > Unsubscribing using commands in the subject line doesn't work either.
        > How do I leave this list? I receive enough spam like that...
        >
        > Florent

        What exactly did you try?

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Florent Pillet
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2004
          According to http://www.vim.org/maillist.php#vim-mac
          of putting "unsubscribe" as sole word in the subject line and in the
          message
          body.

          Maybe it doesn't work this way -- But it should, according to the docs
          at http://www.vim.org/maillist.php#help
          (in fact anything should do as long as the email goes to the proper
          address)

          What did I miss? ;-)

          Florent

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2004
            Did you try something of the form
            vim-mac-unsubscribe-john=host.domain@...
            (for john@...)? Since your mails to the list are getting through,
            you should not have to do this, but it might help anyway. Check the
            headers of the mails you get from the list to see what address the list
            uses for you.

            HTH --Benji Fisher

            On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:55:55PM +0100, Florent Pillet wrote:
            > According to http://www.vim.org/maillist.php#vim-mac
            > of putting "unsubscribe" as sole word in the subject line and in the
            > message
            > body.
            >
            > Maybe it doesn't work this way -- But it should, according to the docs
            > at http://www.vim.org/maillist.php#help
            > (in fact anything should do as long as the email goes to the proper
            > address)
            >
            > What did I miss? ;-)
            >
            > Florent
            >
            > On 18 mars 04, at 15:55, Benji Fisher wrote:
            >

            > > What exactly did you try?
            > >
            > >HTH --Benji Fisher
          • Florent Pillet
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 19, 2004
              Yes I tried and it doesn't work either. I'm wondering how I'm going to
              do to get out of this list if even the maillist manage doesn't want me
              out :-)

              Really a weird problem...

              Florent

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 19, 2004
                Then I guess you have to write to the human in charge of the list:
                vim-mac-owner@...

                HTH --Benji Fisher