Re: Practical development of Mac vim

  • Nils Kassube
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 7 3:12 AM
      Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      > There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this
      > list.

      There are about five to ten downloads per week from

      http://www.kassube.de/mirrors/macvim/

      according to my log files.

      Cheers,
      Nils
    • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 11 1:33 AM
        > Are you in VI compatible mode? The option.h from 6.0r is causing the Vi
        > compatible mode to misbehave, at line 60 the code should look like:
        >
        > # ifdef USE_CR
        > # define DFLT_FF "mac"
        > # define DFLT_FFS_VIM "mac,unix,dos"
        > # define DFLT_FFS_VI "mac,unix,dos"
        > # define DFLT_TEXTAUTO TRUE
        > # else
        > # define DFLT_FF "unix"
        > # define DFLT_FFS_VIM "unix,dos"
        > # define DFLT_FFS_VI ""
        > # define DFLT_TEXTAUTO FALSE
        > # endif

        I wanted to include this into my 5.7 tree but had to change it back to

        # ifdef USE_CR
        # define FF_DFLT "mac"
        # define FFS_DFLT "mac,unix,dos"
        # define FFS_VI ""
        # define TA_DFLT TRUE
        # else
        # define FF_DFLT "unix"
        # define FFS_DFLT "unix,dos"
        # define FFS_VI ""
        # define TA_DFLT FALSE
        # endif

        Otherwise Vim wouldn't start with a vimrc in DOS-format.
        But now it can't read UNIX and DOS files in vi-compatible mode.
        Could you check if the same is true for 6.0? I can't compile it ATM.

        Axel

        --
        There is nothing left to try
        There is nothing left to choose
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 11 1:33 AM
          Eugene Lee wrote:

          > I used to use MacVim alot. But I'm in that bleeding-edge power-user
          > boat that's using Mac OS X now, and got Vim 5.7 to compile way back.

          If you want to be really bleeding edge, you may join the 6.0
          development:-)

          Axel