Re: Practical development of Mac vim

  • Christopher C. Stone
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2001
      At 02/07/2001 06:57 +0100, Axel Kielhorn wrought:

      > > 5. Is there anyone using MacVIm for serious work willing to
      > > comment on how we are getting on?
      >
      > There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this
      > list.

      Greetings,

      I really love MacVIM; unfortunately I was having problems with it a version or two back and haven't yet returned to it since updating to MacOS 9.1. (Downloading as I write.)

      I really want to see some basic AppleScript support for interapplication communication, buffer in/out without having to resort to the Mac Clipboard, setting window bounds, and driving VIM more directly via a utility such as OneClick than by just simulating keystrokes.

      It seems to be running stably omm, so I can give to some serious attention again.

      Best Regards,

      Christopher Stone
      ______________________________
      StoneWorks Computer Consulting
      ccstone@...
    • Nils Kassube
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 7, 2001
        Axel Kielhorn wrote:

        > There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this
        > list.

        There are about five to ten downloads per week from

        http://www.kassube.de/mirrors/macvim/

        according to my log files.

        Cheers,
        Nils
      • Nils Kassube
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 7, 2001

        • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 11, 2001
            > Are you in VI compatible mode? The option.h from 6.0r is causing the Vi
            > compatible mode to misbehave, at line 60 the code should look like:
            >
            > # ifdef USE_CR
            > # define DFLT_FF "mac"
            > # define DFLT_FFS_VIM "mac,unix,dos"
            > # define DFLT_FFS_VI "mac,unix,dos"
            > # define DFLT_TEXTAUTO TRUE
            > # else
            > # define DFLT_FF "unix"
            > # define DFLT_FFS_VIM "unix,dos"
            > # define DFLT_FFS_VI ""
            > # define DFLT_TEXTAUTO FALSE
            > # endif

            I wanted to include this into my 5.7 tree but had to change it back to

            # ifdef USE_CR
            # define FF_DFLT "mac"
            # define FFS_DFLT "mac,unix,dos"
            # define FFS_VI ""
            # define TA_DFLT TRUE
            # else
            # define FF_DFLT "unix"
            # define FFS_DFLT "unix,dos"
            # define FFS_VI ""
            # define TA_DFLT FALSE
            # endif

            Otherwise Vim wouldn't start with a vimrc in DOS-format.
            But now it can't read UNIX and DOS files in vi-compatible mode.
            Could you check if the same is true for 6.0? I can't compile it ATM.

            Axel

            --
            There is nothing left to try
            There is nothing left to choose
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 11, 2001
              Eugene Lee wrote:

              > I used to use MacVim alot. But I'm in that bleeding-edge power-user
              > boat that's using Mac OS X now, and got Vim 5.7 to compile way back.

              If you want to be really bleeding edge, you may join the 6.0
              development:-)

              Axel