Re: Practical development of Mac vim

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2001
      Eugene Lee wrote:

      > On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:57:10AM +0100, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
      > : Vim%Blue.Wizzard@... (Axel Kielhorn) asked:
      > : >
      > : > 5. Is there anyone using MacVIm for serious work willing to
      > : > comment on how we are getting on?
      > :
      > : There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this
      > : list.
      >
      > I used to use MacVim alot. But I'm in that bleeding-edge power-user
      > boat that's using Mac OS X now, and got Vim 5.7 to compile way back.
      >
      > Just my two cents.

      Here are mine. I use W95 at home, Mac in the office, vim and latex
      on both. Vim works great on the Mac. I just wish I knew how to get it to
      talk to OzTeX and Fetch. Is there any chance of getting MacVim to
      communicate with other programs "the apple way"?

      BTW, thanks to all of you for making this work.

      --Benji Fisher
    • david craig
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2001
        On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
        > There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this

        "Known" is the key word. I probably know 20 myself who use MacVIM with
        some regularity. But I'm the only one who reads the list :-) (I'm a
        bad citizen, though -- I don't really have the time to beta-test.)

        David Craig

        <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/>
      • Christopher C. Stone
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6, 2001
          At 02/07/2001 06:57 +0100, Axel Kielhorn wrought:

          > > 5. Is there anyone using MacVIm for serious work willing to
          > > comment on how we are getting on?
          >
          > There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this
          > list.

          Greetings,

          I really love MacVIM; unfortunately I was having problems with it a version or two back and haven't yet returned to it since updating to MacOS 9.1. (Downloading as I write.)

          I really want to see some basic AppleScript support for interapplication communication, buffer in/out without having to resort to the Mac Clipboard, setting window bounds, and driving VIM more directly via a utility such as OneClick than by just simulating keystrokes.

          It seems to be running stably omm, so I can give to some serious attention again.

          Best Regards,

          Christopher Stone
          ______________________________
          StoneWorks Computer Consulting
          ccstone@...
        • Nils Kassube
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 7, 2001
            Axel Kielhorn wrote:

            > There are about 20 known users, I don't think most of them read this
            > list.

            There are about five to ten downloads per week from

            http://www.kassube.de/mirrors/macvim/

            according to my log files.

            Cheers,
            Nils
          • Nils Kassube
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 7, 2001

            • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 11, 2001
                > Are you in VI compatible mode? The option.h from 6.0r is causing the Vi
                > compatible mode to misbehave, at line 60 the code should look like:
                >
                > # ifdef USE_CR
                > # define DFLT_FF "mac"
                > # define DFLT_FFS_VIM "mac,unix,dos"
                > # define DFLT_FFS_VI "mac,unix,dos"
                > # define DFLT_TEXTAUTO TRUE
                > # else
                > # define DFLT_FF "unix"
                > # define DFLT_FFS_VIM "unix,dos"
                > # define DFLT_FFS_VI ""
                > # define DFLT_TEXTAUTO FALSE
                > # endif

                I wanted to include this into my 5.7 tree but had to change it back to

                # ifdef USE_CR
                # define FF_DFLT "mac"
                # define FFS_DFLT "mac,unix,dos"
                # define FFS_VI ""
                # define TA_DFLT TRUE
                # else
                # define FF_DFLT "unix"
                # define FFS_DFLT "unix,dos"
                # define FFS_VI ""
                # define TA_DFLT FALSE
                # endif

                Otherwise Vim wouldn't start with a vimrc in DOS-format.
                But now it can't read UNIX and DOS files in vi-compatible mode.
                Could you check if the same is true for 6.0? I can't compile it ATM.

                Axel

                --
                There is nothing left to try
                There is nothing left to choose
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 11, 2001
                  Eugene Lee wrote:

                  > I used to use MacVim alot. But I'm in that bleeding-edge power-user
                  > boat that's using Mac OS X now, and got Vim 5.7 to compile way back.

                  If you want to be really bleeding edge, you may join the 6.0
                  development:-)

                  Axel