Re: Strange display in 6.2.285 (or earlier)

  • Eckehard Berns
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2004
      >> Starting with 6.2.285 I get a strange display:
      >>
      >> I'm using a Colorscheme with light background (based on zellner.vim,
      >> this will work to show the problem.)
      >> When using GUI vim and typing :ver I get the text black on white, but
      >> the empty space between the words is black instead of white.
      >
      > In the meantime I patched to 6.2.311 and the problem is gone. Probably
      > gremlins in my system.

      I had similar problems when (not fully) recompiling Vim with different
      settings (for me even the border was drawn in a dark color). A "make
      clean && make && make install" solved the problem for me. Since your
      problems don't show up now, they might have been caused by a similar
      problem. My guess would be that sometimes an object file isn't rebuild
      and thus a pointer to some color value get's mixed up in the resulting
      executable.

      --
      Eckehard Berns
    • Axel Kielhorn
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2004
        Am 04.03.2004 um 22:35 schrieb Eckehard Berns:

        >>> Starting with 6.2.285 I get a strange display:
        >>>
        >>> I'm using a Colorscheme with light background (based on zellner.vim,
        >>> this will work to show the problem.)
        >>> When using GUI vim and typing :ver I get the text black on white,
        >>> but the empty space between the words is black instead of white.
        >>
        >> In the meantime I patched to 6.2.311 and the problem is gone.
        >> Probably gremlins in my system.
        >
        > I had similar problems when (not fully) recompiling Vim with different
        > settings (for me even the border was drawn in a dark color). A "make
        > clean && make && make install" solved the problem for me.

        After seeing the problem the first time, I did a make clean. It didn't
        help.

        Axel