Skip to search.

Re: Setting the directory to the current directory...?!? :-)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2004
      On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 10:08:10PM +0100, Stephen Riehm wrote:
      > Hi ho,
      >
      > now that I've been blessed with a Mac at work I'm beginning to come
      > accross a few things which I never noticed before.
      >
      > For example, I often work on the command line, and edit files with the
      > magic command: open -a vim <filename>
      > This works wonderfully, but vim thinks that the it's current directory
      > is /
      > To open another file in the same directory I either have to go back to
      > the shell window or :cd my way to the directory and then try :n
      > <otherfile>.
      >
      > Is there a way to get vim to open with the current directory set
      > properly?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Steve

      I do not think there is an easy way to do it with open, but try one
      of the other methods suggested at

      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/#FAQ

      I am not at my Mac right now, so I cannot test it, but I think that

      $ /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g +17 foo.txt &

      will start Vim.app with the pwd set to the current directory.

      HTH --Benji Fisher