Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

read file from ftp server [was Re: "cannot write..."]

Expand Messages
  • peiman khosravi
    Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down the problem. Using Snapshot 73 on mavericks (not the previous release) I get this strange
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
    • 0 Attachment
      Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down the problem. 

      Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):

      Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in /private/var/folder/...).

      I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.  

      Seems like a bug to me, unless I've accidentally enabled some option I don't know about. 

      Many thanks in advance.

      Best,
      Peiman

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_mac+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
    • peiman khosravi
      ... Sorry for the noise. ​Just to say that I am still experiencing this. Any pointers much appreciated, or should I log a bug report? Best, Peiman​ -- --
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2014
      • 0 Attachment


        On 27 April 2014 12:49, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...> wrote:
        Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down the problem. 

        Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):

        Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in /private/var/folder/...).

        I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.  



        Sorry for the noise. ​Just to say that I am still experiencing this. Any pointers much appreciated, or should I log a bug report?

        Best,
        Peiman​

        --
        --
        You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_mac+unsubscribe@....
        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
      • Charles Campbell
        ... I suggest upgrading to the latest netrw, which you may get at: http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW . If there s still a problem, check
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2014
        • 0 Attachment
          peiman khosravi wrote:
          >
          >
          > On 27 April 2014 12:49, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...
          > <mailto:peimankhosravi@...>> wrote:
          >
          > Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down
          > the problem.
          >
          > Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get
          > this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server
          > (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):
          >
          > Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the
          > name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content
          > of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in
          > /private/var/folder/...).
          >
          > I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works
          > as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.
          >
          >
          >
          > Sorry for the noise. ​Just to say that I am still experiencing this.
          > Any pointers much appreciated, or should I log a bug report?
          >
          I suggest upgrading to the latest netrw, which you may get at:
          http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW . If there's still
          a problem, check into :help netrw-debug .

          Regards,
          Chip Campbell

          --
          --
          You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          ---
          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_mac+unsubscribe@....
          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.