"cannot write..."

  • peiman khosravi
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2014
      Hello, since I've upgraded to the latest version (snapshot 73) on mavericks I'm getting this error when trying to save a html document, and the file doesn't get saved:

      E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.

      Any pointer are much appreciated.

      Many Thanks
      Peiman

    • peiman khosravi
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
        On 27 April 2014 01:55, peiman khosravi <peimankhosravi@...> wrote:
        Hello, since I've upgraded to the latest version (snapshot 73) on mavericks I'm getting this error when trying to save a html document, and the file doesn't get saved:

        E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.

        ​Just to clarify. I am opening a html file directly from the server and editing it. In the past I was able to save the edits by just saving the file. But now it seems that macvim is opening the file content inside a temporary buffer​ rather than opening the original file. Please see the screenshots attached.

        Have I accidentally change my settings or is it the new version of macvim?

        Many Thanks
        Peiman

        Inline images 1Inline images 2

      • peiman khosravi
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014

          E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.

          ​FYI I figured it out. Just did

          :set buftype: " "​

          Now I can write the file.