CTRL-^ not being picked up properly

  • Andrew Nesbit
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      I'm running Aqua Gvim 6.2.215 on Panther.

      The problem is that Gvim does not recognise CTRL-^. I press CTRL,
      SHIFT and '6' at the same time, and Gvim recognises this as '6', not
      as CTRL-^.

      It works properly in the terminal version, though.

      Does anybody know how/if I can get this to work?

      Thanks.

      --
      "The thing that used to worry him most was the fact that people always
      used to ask him what he was looking so worried about."
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        > The problem is that Gvim does not recognise CTRL-^. I press CTRL,
        > SHIFT and '6' at the same time, and Gvim recognises this as '6', not
        > as CTRL-^.
        >
        > It works properly in the terminal version, though.
        >
        > Does anybody know how/if I can get this to work?

        I don't know how to correct this in Vim itself, but you can add a
        mapping to work around this problem. This is what worked for me:

        :nmap <C-S-6> :e#<CR>

        --
        Eckehard Berns
      • Andrew Nesbit
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Eckehard Berns wrote:

          > I don't know how to correct this in Vim itself, but you can add a
          > mapping to work around this problem. This is what worked for me:
          >
          > :nmap <C-S-6> :e#<CR>

          Yep, this works for me too. Thankyou.

          Andrew.