MacVim Snapshot 70 Not Opening in Mavericks

  • David Gillooly
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2013
      I have a pretty plain vanilla MacVim setup that no longer works since my update to Mavericks.

      The top menu bar opens { File Edit Window Help} but I can not open any files. The editor never comes up. I get no error messages.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Dave

    • Douglas Drumond
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2013

        2013/10/24 David Gillooly <david.gillooly@...>
        I have a pretty plain vanilla MacVim setup that no longer works since my update to Mavericks.

        The top menu bar opens { File Edit Window Help} but I can not open any files. The editor never comes up. I get no error messages.

        Any ideas?

        ​I have snapshot 71 at home and it's working. I heard people having problems with perl and python loading MacVim for OS X ≤ 10.8 on Mavericks​, but I'm not sure what the problems are.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2013
          On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM, David Gillooly wrote:
          > I have a pretty plain vanilla MacVim setup that no longer works since my update to Mavericks.
          >
          > The top menu bar opens { File Edit Window Help} but I can not open any files. The editor never comes up. I get no error messages.

          Please update to snapshot 72 that was just released and let us know if
          the problems persist.

        • David Gillooly
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2013
            I downloaded snapshot 70 before I received your message and now it works. Not sure why though.

            David Gillooly