Re: Fighting vim obesity

  • Eckehard Berns
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      > I would like to use the Vim (6.2.214 or better)'s OS X GUI as well as
      > the command line interface. If I got the docs right, I have to
      > compile two versions, with and without a GUI, so I did. Right now,
      > the GUI resides in /Applications/Local/Vim.app, and the command line
      > version in /usr/local/share/vim/vim62. I'm sure with a clever
      > configuration, one could make both versions use the same runtime?

      You can compile the GUI version and make a symbolic link to the
      executable (/path/to/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim) somewhere in your path
      to start it in terminal mode (I used an alias for that). If you haven't
      done so you might want to have a look at http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
      which has excellent prepared binaries and valuable infos on Vim for Mac
      OS X.

      --
      Eckehard Berns