cut/copy/paste

  • Yuma Antoine Decaux
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2013
      Hi all,

      I had a question about copy/pasting/cutting between windows in macvim.

      I use the standard dd yy or ma d'a style cutting or yanking but the clipboard is not persistent between windows.

      Does this work with registries? If i remember, i do something like "ay then "ap between windows?

      Any help greatly appreciated

      Yuma

    • Mathias Jean Johansen
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
        Den lørdag den 21. september 2013 02.56.21 UTC+2 skrev Yuma Decaux:
        > Hi all,
        >

        > I had a question about copy/pasting/cutting between windows in macvim.
        >

        > I use the standard dd yy or ma d'a style cutting or yanking but the clipboard is not persistent between windows.
        >

        > Does this work with registries? If i remember, i do something like "ay then "ap between windows?
        >

        > Any help greatly appreciated
        >

        > Yuma

        I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?

      • Yuma Antoine Decaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
          > I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?

          I tried it. IN one window "y then p in another, but this does not work.
          > --
          > --
          >
          > ---

        • Kyle Lippincott
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013

            No, literally "+y and "+p. (The plus is required)

            Snet form moblie.

            On Sep 23, 2013 11:00 PM, "Yuma Antoine Decaux" <jamyad7@...> wrote:

            > I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?

            I tried it. IN one window "y then p in another, but this does not work.
            > --
            > --
            >
            > ---

          • Bee
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
              On Monday, September 23, 2013 11:02:36 PM UTC-7, Kyle Lippincott wrote:
              > No, literally "+y and "+p. (The plus is required)
              > On Sep 23, 2013 11:00 PM, "Yuma Antoine Decaux" <jam...@...> wrote:
              > > I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?
              > I tried it. IN one window "y then p in another, but this does not work.

              --OR-- any register not just the + register::

              "aY
              "aP

              Bill

            • Yuma Antoine Decaux
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013

                No, literally "+y and "+p. (The plus is required)

                Snet form moblie.

                Oh. Works perfectly. Sorry for newbie question