Re: Vim Fonts

  • G. Mark Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2000
      Yeah, monaco looks pretty good! Also, while non-monospaced fonts
      are less usable in most instances, they're very useful in some instances.
      More proof of the flexibility of Vim.

      GMS

      Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      > > On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:27:48PM -0600, G. Mark Stewart wrote:
      > > :
      > > : Is there a way I can build my own font for VIM, or modify an existing
      > > : one? TexEdit has some very nice fonts that are fixed-width, and I was
      > > : wondering what the difference was between the two tools that made
      > > : the fonts non-interchangeable.
      > >
      > > MacVim should be able to use any TrueType font in the System Folder, so
      > > as long you modify your vimrc/macvimrc to use it as the default font.
      > > What font from Tex-Edit Plus are you trying to use in MacVim?
      >
      > MacVim will use any font supported by the system, but you will not like
      > it!
      >
      > Vim is designed to work with monospaced fonts only, Monaco, ProFont and
      > Courrier will work.
      >
      > Axel
      >
      > --
      > There is nothing left to try
      > There is nothing left to choose
      > There is no greater power
      > Than the power of VI
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2000
        On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 12:48:43AM -0600, G. Mark Stewart wrote:
        :
        : Yeah, monaco looks pretty good! Also, while non-monospaced fonts
        : are less usable in most instances, they're very useful in some instances.
        : More proof of the flexibility of Vim.

        If possible, suggest using ProFont. It's more readable. Things like
        telling the difference between capital-i & lowercase-L and capital-o &
        the number zero are among the improvements.

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...