some new patches to try out

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2004
      Vim Mac fans:

      There are some new patches to try out at
      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/#configure .

      1. antitag.diff (Peter Cucka)

      Peter Cucka's antialias patch was made official (6.2.210) but the
      official patch does not change the tags file. If you are already
      applying custom patches, then this may be more convenient than running
      :helptags $VIMRUNTIME
      after compiling.

      2. MouseWheel.diff (Eckehard Berns)

      This enables a scroll wheel. In my (limited) testing, it works like a
      charm!

      3. TransBack.diff (Eckehard Berns)

      This is an alternative to Muraoka Taro's transparency.diff . Only the
      background of the window, not the text nor the title bar, becomes
      transparent when the new 'transparency' option is set less than 255.
      There is no danger of having the window totally disappear.

      Drawbacks: Scrolling in the command-line area is slow. (Try :version .)
      There are some redrawing problems when the main window is resized.

      Peter Cucka and Ken Scott:

      Can you compile new versions with the latest official patches and
      at least the first two of these? It is up to you which version of
      transparency you use.

      --Benji Fisher

      P.S. Hardware update: I verified (with Apple Hardware Test) that my
      RAM was defective, so I replaced it. Unfortunately, my hard drive has
      been corrupted. It looks like I will have to reformat and reinstall...