Re: Odd bug when moving MacVim from one monitor to another

  • dacresni
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013
      that's just wierd
      > When I move my MacVim session from my laptop monitor onto an external, the entire window goes white.
      >

      > The text fills in normally as I move the cursor.
      >

      > This is using MacVim 7.3.latest from Homebrew.  About MacVim shows: Custom Version 7.3 (66)
      >

      > Thanks for any clues.
      >

      > -Chris
      >
      > --
      > Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpa...@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
      > "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

    • Chris Patti
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013
        Needless to say, I think so too :)  It's recoverable, just really annoying since on a multiple monitor setup, my MacVim window always appears on my Laptop screen and I have to move it to the external, so it's white-out time :)

        -Chris

        On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM, dacresni <vivacarlie@...> wrote:

        that's just wierd
        > When I move my MacVim session from my laptop monitor onto an external, the entire window goes white.
        >

        > The text fills in normally as I move the cursor.
        >

        > This is using MacVim 7.3.latest from Homebrew.  About MacVim shows: Custom Version 7.3 (66)
        >

        > Thanks for any clues.
        >

        > -Chris
        >
        > --
        > Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpa...@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
        > "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

        Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
        "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

      • Douglas Drumond
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013

          2013/8/1 Chris Patti <cpatti@...>

          > This is using MacVim 7.3.latest from Homebrew.  About MacVim shows: Custom Version 7.3 (66)

          Does this occur in latest snapshot? Get it from https://code.google.com/p/macvim/downloads/list

          Also, try these steps:
          https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

          Thanks

          --
          Douglas Drumond
          eee19.com

        • Chris Patti
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013
            Latest snapshot fixes it, thanks a bunch!

            -Chris