Odd bug when moving MacVim from one monitor to another

  • Chris Patti
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
      When I move my MacVim session from my laptop monitor onto an external, the entire window goes white.

      The text fills in normally as I move the cursor.

      Inline image 1
      This is using MacVim 7.3.latest from Homebrew.  About MacVim shows: Custom Version 7.3 (66)

      Thanks for any clues.

      -Chris

      --
      Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
      "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

    • dacresni
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013
        that's just wierd

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013
          Needless to say, I think so too :)  It's recoverable, just really annoying since on a multiple monitor setup, my MacVim window always appears on my Laptop screen and I have to move it to the external, so it's white-out time :)

          -Chris

          On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM, dacresni <vivacarlie@...> wrote:

          that's just wierd
          > When I move my MacVim session from my laptop monitor onto an external, the entire window goes white.
          >

          > The text fills in normally as I move the cursor.
          >

          > This is using MacVim 7.3.latest from Homebrew.  About MacVim shows: Custom Version 7.3 (66)
          >

          > Thanks for any clues.
          >

          > -Chris
          >
          > --
          > Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpa...@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
          > "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

          Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
          "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

        • Douglas Drumond
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013

            2013/8/1 Chris Patti <cpatti@...>

            > This is using MacVim 7.3.latest from Homebrew.  About MacVim shows: Custom Version 7.3 (66)

            Does this occur in latest snapshot? Get it from https://code.google.com/p/macvim/downloads/list

            Also, try these steps:
            https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

            Thanks

            --
            Douglas Drumond
            eee19.com

          • Chris Patti
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2013
              Latest snapshot fixes it, thanks a bunch!

              -Chris