Re: Crashing Vim 7.4a9 snapshot 68 with folding

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30 7:09 AM
      Am 29.07.2013 um 22:15 schrieb Bram Moolenaar:

      > Axel Kielhorn wrote:
      >
      >> Update:
      >>
      >> As I have written earlier, the crash was introduced with
      >> Vim 7.3.1185.
      >>
      >> And here is the RegEx that causes the crash:
      >>
      >> syn match pandocPCite /@\%[\w\-]*/
      >>
      >> It is part of the citation handling code in ~/.vim/syntax/pandoc.vim
      >> from vim-pandoc.
      >
      > It doesn't crash for me.

      It crashes on Mac OS 10.6.8 but not 10.8.4, this may be compiler or library related.

      > What text does it crash on?

      [@pandoc]

      in the second line.

      > If you can make
      > it happen with match() that would be ideal.

      If I start vim with
      mvim -u NONE -U NONE vimkill3.md

      and enter (copy) the search string

      /@\%[\w\-]*

      I get a crash.

      without the * it's fine.

      With incsearch on I get the crash as soon as I type the final *

      Using
      /@[a-zA-Z-]*

      is fine

      >> The change was adding
      >>
      >> && *reginput != NUL
      >>
      >> to regexp_nfa.c (line 3942)
      >
      > Do you have a context diff for this change?

      Sourcetree gives me
      Commit: 38388a218e4bc1dbc0475df3d74244034b669b73[38388a2]

      case NFA_BOL:
      case NFA_BOF:
      /* "^" won't match past end-of-line, don't bother trying.
      - * Except when we are going to the next line for a look-behind
      - * match. */
      + * Except when at the end of the line, or when we are going to the
      + * next line for a look-behind match. */
      if (reginput > regline
      + && *reginput != NUL
      && (nfa_endp == NULL
      || !REG_MULTI
      || reglnum == nfa_endp->se_u.pos.lnum))

      The enclosed file is even more reduced but shows the problem.

      Axel

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31 11:52 AM
        Axel Kielhorn wrote:

        > >> Update:
        > >>
        > >> As I have written earlier, the crash was introduced with
        > >> Vim 7.3.1185.
        > >>
        > >> And here is the RegEx that causes the crash:
        > >>
        > >> syn match pandocPCite /@\%[\w\-]*/
        > >>
        > >> It is part of the citation handling code in ~/.vim/syntax/pandoc.vim
        > >> from vim-pandoc.
        > >
        > > It doesn't crash for me.
        >
        > It crashes on Mac OS 10.6.8 but not 10.8.4, this may be compiler or library related.
        >
        > > What text does it crash on?
        >
        > [@pandoc]
        >
        > in the second line.
        >

        > > If you can make
        > > it happen with match() that would be ideal.
        >
        > If I start vim with
        > mvim -u NONE -U NONE vimkill3.md
        >
        > and enter (copy) the search string
        >
        > /@\%[\w\-]*
        >
        > I get a crash.
        >
        > without the * it's fine.
        >
        > With incsearch on I get the crash as soon as I type the final *
        >
        > Using
        > /@[a-zA-Z-]*
        >
        > is fine
        >

        > >> The change was adding
        > >>
        > >> && *reginput != NUL
        > >>
        > >> to regexp_nfa.c (line 3942)
        > >
        > > Do you have a context diff for this change?
        >
        > Sourcetree gives me
        > Commit: 38388a218e4bc1dbc0475df3d74244034b669b73[38388a2]
        >

        > case NFA_BOL:
        > case NFA_BOF:
        > /* "^" won't match past end-of-line, don't bother trying.
        > - * Except when we are going to the next line for a look-behind
        > - * match. */
        > + * Except when at the end of the line, or when we are going to the
        > + * next line for a look-behind match. */
        > if (reginput > regline
        > + && *reginput != NUL
        > && (nfa_endp == NULL
        > || !REG_MULTI
        > || reglnum == nfa_endp->se_u.pos.lnum))
        >
        > The enclosed file is even more reduced but shows the problem.

        Thanks, I'll look into it.

        --
        Tips for aliens in New York: Land anywhere. Central Park, anywhere.
        No one will care or indeed even notice.