Re: Crashing Vim 7.4a9 snapshot 68 with folding

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2013
      Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      > Update:
      >
      > As I have written earlier, the crash was introduced with
      > Vim 7.3.1185.
      >
      > And here is the RegEx that causes the crash:
      >
      > syn match pandocPCite /@\%[\w\-]*/
      >
      > It is part of the citation handling code in ~/.vim/syntax/pandoc.vim
      > from vim-pandoc.

      It doesn't crash for me. What text does it crash on? If you can make
      it happen with match() that would be ideal.

      > The change was adding
      >
      > && *reginput != NUL
      >
      > to regexp_nfa.c (line 3942)

      Do you have a context diff for this change?

      --
      In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the
      Galaxy, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" has already supplanted the

    • Axel Kielhorn
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 30, 2013
        Am 29.07.2013 um 22:15 schrieb Bram Moolenaar:

        > Axel Kielhorn wrote:
        >
        >> Update:
        >>
        >> As I have written earlier, the crash was introduced with
        >> Vim 7.3.1185.
        >>
        >> And here is the RegEx that causes the crash:
        >>
        >> syn match pandocPCite /@\%[\w\-]*/
        >>
        >> It is part of the citation handling code in ~/.vim/syntax/pandoc.vim
        >> from vim-pandoc.
        >
        > It doesn't crash for me.

        It crashes on Mac OS 10.6.8 but not 10.8.4, this may be compiler or library related.

        > What text does it crash on?

        [@pandoc]

        in the second line.

        > If you can make
        > it happen with match() that would be ideal.

        If I start vim with
        mvim -u NONE -U NONE vimkill3.md

        and enter (copy) the search string

        /@\%[\w\-]*

        I get a crash.

        without the * it's fine.

        With incsearch on I get the crash as soon as I type the final *

        Using
        /@[a-zA-Z-]*

        is fine

        >> The change was adding
        >>
        >> && *reginput != NUL
        >>
        >> to regexp_nfa.c (line 3942)
        >
        > Do you have a context diff for this change?

        Sourcetree gives me
        Commit: 38388a218e4bc1dbc0475df3d74244034b669b73[38388a2]

        case NFA_BOL:
        case NFA_BOF:
        /* "^" won't match past end-of-line, don't bother trying.
        - * Except when we are going to the next line for a look-behind
        - * match. */
        + * Except when at the end of the line, or when we are going to the
        + * next line for a look-behind match. */
        if (reginput > regline
        + && *reginput != NUL
        && (nfa_endp == NULL
        || !REG_MULTI
        || reglnum == nfa_endp->se_u.pos.lnum))

        The enclosed file is even more reduced but shows the problem.

        Axel

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 31, 2013
          Axel Kielhorn wrote:

          > >> Update:
          > >>
          > >> As I have written earlier, the crash was introduced with
          > >> Vim 7.3.1185.
          > >>
          > >> And here is the RegEx that causes the crash:
          > >>
          > >> syn match pandocPCite /@\%[\w\-]*/
          > >>
          > >> It is part of the citation handling code in ~/.vim/syntax/pandoc.vim
          > >> from vim-pandoc.
          > >
          > > It doesn't crash for me.
          >
          > It crashes on Mac OS 10.6.8 but not 10.8.4, this may be compiler or library related.
          >
          > > What text does it crash on?
          >
          > [@pandoc]
          >
          > in the second line.
          >

          > > If you can make
          > > it happen with match() that would be ideal.
          >
          > If I start vim with
          > mvim -u NONE -U NONE vimkill3.md
          >
          > and enter (copy) the search string
          >
          > /@\%[\w\-]*
          >
          > I get a crash.
          >
          > without the * it's fine.
          >
          > With incsearch on I get the crash as soon as I type the final *
          >
          > Using
          > /@[a-zA-Z-]*
          >
          > is fine
          >

          > >> The change was adding
          > >>
          > >> && *reginput != NUL
          > >>
          > >> to regexp_nfa.c (line 3942)
          > >
          > > Do you have a context diff for this change?
          >
          > Sourcetree gives me
          > Commit: 38388a218e4bc1dbc0475df3d74244034b669b73[38388a2]
          >

          > case NFA_BOL:
          > case NFA_BOF:
          > /* "^" won't match past end-of-line, don't bother trying.
          > - * Except when we are going to the next line for a look-behind
          > - * match. */
          > + * Except when at the end of the line, or when we are going to the
          > + * next line for a look-behind match. */
          > if (reginput > regline
          > + && *reginput != NUL
          > && (nfa_endp == NULL
          > || !REG_MULTI
          > || reglnum == nfa_endp->se_u.pos.lnum))
          >
          > The enclosed file is even more reduced but shows the problem.

          Thanks, I'll look into it.

          --
          Tips for aliens in New York: Land anywhere. Central Park, anywhere.
          No one will care or indeed even notice.