Re: Vim 7.4b ready for beta testing

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2013
      On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:09 AM, Bee <forth@...> wrote:
      On Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:47:40 PM UTC-7, björn wrote:
      > I've uploaded a build of MacVim 7.4b BETA (snapshot 69) for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) to:
      > https://code.google.com/p/macvim/downloads
      > Targeted builds for Lion and Mountain Lion will appear as soon as Douglas gets a chance to build them.

      I compiled 7.4b BETA with minimum required PPC G3 and 10.4.11 Tiger. Runs great.

      Would you like it?

      Great!  Lets wait until 7.4 is released though as there are not many people on Tiger anymore and it does take up some of my time to upload etc.  I'll have to give you my build script as well to ensure that it is uniform with the other builds.  I'll PM it to you when it is time.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2013
        On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Yuma Antoine Decaux wrote:

        Just curious, is mac vim developed with objective c? I would like to know as though i really want a coding environment for my uni progression, none so far are accessible for the blind. You mentioned mac vim 7.4 beta for snow leopard. This is when the OS core transitioned to 64-bit. Can someone confirm the editing area is accessible to voice over users?

        Voice over support is spotty.  If you disable the Core Text renderer in the advanced preferences, then it will read the editing area, but it is not aware of things like splits, the command line, etc, so I'm not sure how useful it is.

        The source code (of which the MacVim part is Objective-C and core Vim is C) is at https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.

      • Axel Kielhorn
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 29, 2013
          Am 28.07.2013 um 21:47 schrieb björn:

          > On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          >
          > Hello Vim users,
          >

          > Announcing: Vim (Vi IMproved) version 7.4b BETA

          Oh dear, this reminds me that I didn't investigate my crashing problem.

          Well, here it is:

          Vim 7.3.1184 works fine, 7.3.1185 crashes.

          The change was adding

          && *reginput != NUL

          to regexp_nfa.c (line 3942)

          Axel