Why do fullscreen tabs look different?

  • Fuad Saud
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
      Just curious. These fullscreen tabs are really out of fashion :\

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2013
        On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Fuad Saud wrote:
        Just curious. These fullscreen tabs are really out of fashion :\

        Because it was decided that the "metal" tab style only looks good when there is a window frame.

      • Fuad Saud
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2013
          Is there a way to use metal tabs on fullscreen?

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2013
            On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Fuad Saud wrote:
            Is there a way to use metal tabs on fullscreen?

            Sure, search for "setStyleNamed" inside "src/MacVim" and change "Unified" to "Metal" (there seem to be two of them), then recompile [1].

          • Ying Bian
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27, 2013
              I will try to recompile, but it would be great if this can be changed in the official code repo as it is very hard to identify the active tab with current tab style in fullscreen.