Re: Got error when open MacVim from Finder

  • anilg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
      On Tuesday, 8 November 2011 02:46:46 UTC+11, imcom wrote:
      > Hey guys, I got an error recently, when I use MacVim to open files in Finder. It states:
      > "Error detected while processing command line:"
      > "E486: Pattern not found: a string"
      > But this would not happen if I open the file in terminal by command "mvim"

      I've got this issue too. I attempted to post to this thread before I understood current forum arrangements. I ended up starting a new thread which does explain how this happens:

      https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_mac/9UtgsU9r6Xs

      It's because MacVim injects the flags +/ and -o when calling vim command. More in the above thread.