Re: winrestview bug on mac?

  • yeer kunth
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18 8:55 AM
      In my situation, I did not setup vertically splitting.

      Need further conditions to redraw it with CLEAR?

      You are right, there is a way to solve the problem.

      My workaround is make the function return multi line value.

      function! TestEcho()
      let v = winsaveview()
      try
      return "foobar\n"
      finally
      call winrestview(v)
      endtry
      endfunction

      When the return value contains more than 1 line, it can be displayed on the status line.

      The side effect is the annoying "Press ENTER or type command to continue" popup too.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25 1:02 PM
        On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM, yeer kunth wrote:

        In my situation, I did not setup vertically splitting.

        Need further conditions to redraw it with CLEAR?

        I'm sure my patch is stupid, but if I simply take it away it will break the problem I was fixing in the first place.  The patch should be fixed, but right now I don't know how.  Sorry.