Re: Vim 7.4a ready for beta testing

  • Douglas Drumond
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9 4:14 PM

      On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

      >> Even on Snow Leopard build there are some glitches here, but nothing that makes MacVim unusable (it's just on resizing). But with Core Renderer enabled it's unusable for Japanese text (Japanese characters are larger, so they pile up, but with CR disabled it does proper spacing). Since I use it for Japanese just once in a while, I left it with CR enabled for day to day programming.
      >

      > This is news to me.  How can I reproduce this?

      Just paste (or type) any Japanese text, such as おはようございます, and it should become like the screenshot attached (wrong.png). The last character is fine, it's where the cursor is. If I navigate over the characters, each one becomes its natural size (double size) until it finally reaches the way it's in the other screenshot (right.png). Without Core Renderer, it's already like right.png.

      To be sure it's not some plugin, I started with mvim -u NONE.

      I downloaded snapshot 66 to test, it's fine for Japanese text, even with Core Renderer enabled.

      --
      Douglas Drumond