terminal command to open multiple files in a vim split screen instance

  • Johann Bestowrous
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2013
      Hey guys,

      Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I have done due diligence with googling :P

      I was wondering if there was a terminal command that would let me open a set of files in a split screen with MacVim. I let my lazy imagination run wild on Sundays and accomplishing this would give my inner sloth serenity when working with a couple of different frameworks.

      Thanks in advance.

      --Johann

    • Andrew Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2013
        On 7 Jul 2013, at 21:14, Johann Bestowrous <johann.bestowrous@...> wrote:
        > I was wondering if there was a terminal command that would let me open a set of files in a split screen with MacVim. I let my lazy imagination run wild on Sundays and accomplishing this would give my inner sloth serenity when working with a couple of different frameworks.

        This opens files in horizontal splits:

        $ mvim -o foo.txt bar.txt baz.txt

        And this opens them in vertical splits:

        $ mvim -O foo.txt bar.txt baz.txt