Re: make distclean fails to remove src/config.cache

  • Steven Michalske
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
      On Jun 23, 2013, at 1:56 PM, gmn <dv1445@...> wrote:

      > I would certainly have done so, but not being a programmer, I didn't
      > know that that is in fact the correct solution. For all I knew, there
      > may have been a very good reason for there to be two different, meaty
      > configure scripts.
      >
      > Therefore I tried to provide as much info as seemed relevant for
      > helping you to diagnose the problem. I apologize that it was a flood.

      This is often a problem of a sweet spot type. Sometimes you need a flood of info, others a quick note that there is a problem. A tip that's worked for me in the past is that you put a quick and concise summary and then the flood of details after. This way the readers don't get lost and can look up particulars if needed.

      Also, if you get a vague reply and details were spread across a thread it is helpful to send a recap email.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
        On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 04:13:44PM +0200, björn wrote:
        > OK, I've restored the src/configure script from upstream now.

        Tested and works.

        Thanks again.

        -gmn