broken getfontname()

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2013

      getfontname() seems broken is all versions of MacVim I have tried. It
      returns nothing. This came up in a vim_use thread:

      Macvim seems not to be reading my .vimrc

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/1cdf89cd18cbd596/40f5a41c0e30a261#40f5a41c0e30a261

      MacVim 7.3 snapshot 53, 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
      osX 10.4.11 Tiger
      PowerBook G3 Pismo 500MHz

      MacVim 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
      osX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
      MacBook Pro

      :set guifont=Monaco:h12

      :set guifont?
      guifont=Monaco:h12

      :echo getfontname()
      <nothing>

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2013
        Thanks for the report. I've pushed a fix.

        Björn

        On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Bee <forth@...> wrote:
        > Björn
        >
        > getfontname() seems broken is all versions of MacVim I have tried. It
        > returns nothing. This came up in a vim_use thread:
        >
        > Macvim seems not to be reading my .vimrc
        >
        > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/1cdf89cd18cbd596/40f5a41c0e30a261#40f5a41c0e30a261
        >
        > MacVim 7.3 snapshot 53, 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
        > osX 10.4.11 Tiger
        > PowerBook G3 Pismo 500MHz
        >
        > MacVim 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
        > osX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
        > MacBook Pro
        >
        > :set guifont=Monaco:h12
        >
        > :set guifont?
        > guifont=Monaco:h12
        >
        > :echo getfontname()
        > <nothing>
        >
        > Bill
        >
        > --
        > --
        >
        > ---

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
          On Friday, June 21, 2013 6:57:51 AM UTC-7, björn wrote:
          > Thanks for the report. I've pushed a fix.
          >
          > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Bee <forth@...> wrote:
          > > getfontname() seems broken is all versions of MacVim

          I compiled MacVim version 7.3.1233 from

          https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/

          and getfontname() works.

          Compiled on: