Re: Volunteer for Snow Leopard snapshot building

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
      On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Bee wrote:

      > Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
      > Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.

      Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll have to be content with ML. Hope OS X doesn't become like iOS.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
      so that it will be no worse because of his life."

      - Wendell Berry

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
        On Jun 15, 3:24 pm, Eric Weir <eew...@...> wrote:
        > On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Bee wrote:
        >
        > > Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
        > > Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.
        >
        > Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll have to be content with ML. Hope OS X doesn't become like iOS.

        When I setup a new Mac for a client,
        I make it look/work like Snow Leopard.
        As the client learns about cool new features,
        the client can change the settings.

        OS X will become like iOS and iOS will be better.

        Bill

      • Eric Weir
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
          On Jun 15, 2013, at 6:39 PM, Bee wrote:

          > When I setup a new Mac for a client,
          > I make it look/work like Snow Leopard.
          > As the client learns about cool new features,
          > the client can change the settings.

          I probably shouldn't ask how to do that. Just work my way to a configuration that I'm comfortable with gradually over time. I've made a little progress already. And no need to hurry.

          > OS X will become like iOS and iOS will be better.

          Darn! Oh good! Hope yer right.

          Regards,
          Eric Weir
          eeweir@...