Re: Volunteer for Snow Leopard snapshot building

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 14, 2013
      On Jun 14, 7:48 am, Eric Weir <eew...@...> wrote:
      > On Jun 11, 2013, at 2:55 PM, björn wrote:
      >
      > > I actually got fed up with Mountain Lion a few weeks back and reverted
      > > to Snow Leopard...
      >
      > Didn't know that was possible. Will be getting a new MacBook Air soon. Might want to do the same myself, though I also worry about being abandoned by the company if I do.

      > Eric Weir
      > eew...@...
      >
      > "The invincible shield of caring
      > Is a weapon sent from the sky
      > against being dead."
      >
      > - Tao Te Ching 67

      Eric

      Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
      Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.

      Bill

    • Eric Weir
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
        On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Bee wrote:

        > Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
        > Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.

        Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll have to be content with ML. Hope OS X doesn't become like iOS.

        Eric Weir
        Decatur, GA
        eeweir@...

        "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
        so that it will be no worse because of his life."

        - Wendell Berry

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
          On Jun 15, 3:24 pm, Eric Weir <eew...@...> wrote:
          > On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Bee wrote:
          >
          > > Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
          > > Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.
          >
          > Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll have to be content with ML. Hope OS X doesn't become like iOS.

          When I setup a new Mac for a client,
          I make it look/work like Snow Leopard.
          As the client learns about cool new features,
          the client can change the settings.

          OS X will become like iOS and iOS will be better.

          Bill

        • Eric Weir
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
            On Jun 15, 2013, at 6:39 PM, Bee wrote:

            > When I setup a new Mac for a client,
            > I make it look/work like Snow Leopard.
            > As the client learns about cool new features,
            > the client can change the settings.

            I probably shouldn't ask how to do that. Just work my way to a configuration that I'm comfortable with gradually over time. I've made a little progress already. And no need to hurry.

            > OS X will become like iOS and iOS will be better.

            Darn! Oh good! Hope yer right.

            Regards,
            Eric Weir
            eeweir@...