Re: Volunteer for Snow Leopard snapshot building

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 14, 2013
      On Jun 11, 2013, at 2:55 PM, björn wrote:

      > I actually got fed up with Mountain Lion a few weeks back and reverted
      > to Snow Leopard...

      Didn't know that was possible. Will be getting a new MacBook Air soon. Might want to do the same myself, though I also worry about being abandoned by the company if I do.

      Eric Weir
      eeweir@...

      "The invincible shield of caring
      Is a weapon sent from the sky
      against being dead."

      - Tao Te Ching 67

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 14, 2013
        On Jun 11, 11:55 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
        > I actually got fed up with Mountain Lion a few weeks back and reverted
        > to Snow Leopard so I can take care of that for now.
        > Björn

        Björn

        I downloaded the source from github and it compiled and ran on Snow
        Leopard.

        ok, curiosity got me... surprise!

        It also compiles and runs on a PowerBook G3 Pismo 500 with 10.4.11
        (Tiger)

        Bill

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 14, 2013
          On Jun 14, 7:48 am, Eric Weir <eew...@...> wrote:
          > On Jun 11, 2013, at 2:55 PM, björn wrote:
          >
          > > I actually got fed up with Mountain Lion a few weeks back and reverted
          > > to Snow Leopard...
          >
          > Didn't know that was possible. Will be getting a new MacBook Air soon. Might want to do the same myself, though I also worry about being abandoned by the company if I do.

          > Eric Weir
          > eew...@...
          >
          > "The invincible shield of caring
          > Is a weapon sent from the sky
          > against being dead."
          >
          > - Tao Te Ching 67

          Eric

          Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
          Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.

          Bill

        • Eric Weir
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
            On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Bee wrote:

            > Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
            > Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.

            Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll have to be content with ML. Hope OS X doesn't become like iOS.

            Eric Weir
            Decatur, GA
            eeweir@...

            "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
            so that it will be no worse because of his life."

            - Wendell Berry

          • Bee
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
              On Jun 15, 3:24 pm, Eric Weir <eew...@...> wrote:
              > On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Bee wrote:
              >
              > > Björn probably reverted an older Mac that is capable of running Snow
              > > Leopard. I suspect any new Mac will require Mountain Lion or better.
              >
              > Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll have to be content with ML. Hope OS X doesn't become like iOS.

              When I setup a new Mac for a client,
              I make it look/work like Snow Leopard.
              As the client learns about cool new features,
              the client can change the settings.

              OS X will become like iOS and iOS will be better.

              Bill

            • Eric Weir
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
                On Jun 15, 2013, at 6:39 PM, Bee wrote:

                > When I setup a new Mac for a client,
                > I make it look/work like Snow Leopard.
                > As the client learns about cool new features,
                > the client can change the settings.

                I probably shouldn't ask how to do that. Just work my way to a configuration that I'm comfortable with gradually over time. I've made a little progress already. And no need to hurry.

                > OS X will become like iOS and iOS will be better.

                Darn! Oh good! Hope yer right.

                Regards,