Re: Macvim and vimrc

  • Thomas Bohn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2013
      Should work, just put it in your home directory. Just like on Linux.

      2013/6/14 Zoltan Kiraly <zoliky@...>:
      > Hi,
      > I'm using vim on a linux computer, and I would like to use the same .vimrc with Macvim. Is it possible? Where to put the .vimrc file on OS X for MacVim?
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > --
      > --
      >
      > ---

    • Thomas Bohn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
        2013/6/14 Zoltan Kiraly <zoliky@...>:
        > I was a bit confused because I read someting about .gvimrc.
        > So, I just need to copy my .vimrc from linux to mac.

        You can also use the gvimrc. I use it for options which are only
        useful for MacVim but not for Vim.

        My .gvimrc looks like this:

        set columns=100
        set lines=60
        set guioptions=cegmLt
        set guifont=Source\ Code\ Pro:h14
        set guicursor=n:blinkon0
        set transparency=10
        set background=light

        Which also can be done with an if in vimrc. I guess it is a question
        of taste how you do it. Well, some options won't work on the GTK+
        version of Vim.

        Thomas