Re: Macvim and vimrc

  • Thomas Bohn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2013
      Should work, just put it in your home directory. Just like on Linux.

      2013/6/14 Zoltan Kiraly <zoliky@...>:
      > Hi,
      > I'm using vim on a linux computer, and I would like to use the same .vimrc with Macvim. Is it possible? Where to put the .vimrc file on OS X for MacVim?
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > --
      > --
      >
      > ---

    • Zoltan Kiraly
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
        Thank you. I was a bit confused because I read someting about .gvimrc.
        So, I just need to copy my .vimrc from linux to mac. Thank you!

        On Friday, June 14, 2013 3:40:36 AM UTC+3, Chris Schneider wrote:
        > Your .vimrc will go in your home directory (on a mac that's /Users/username), but otherwise it's just ~ and will get picked up by macvim.
        >

        > If you need to do different configuration in your mac's .vimrc, you can do an if block like this to separate out the code.
        >

        > if has('gui_macvim')

        > endif
        >

        > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Zoltan Kiraly <zol...@...> wrote:
        >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm using vim on a linux computer, and I would like to use the same .vimrc with Macvim. Is it possible? Where to put the .vimrc file on OS X for MacVim?
        >

        > Thank you!
        >

        > --
        >
        > --

        > ---

      • Thomas Bohn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
          2013/6/14 Zoltan Kiraly <zoliky@...>:
          > I was a bit confused because I read someting about .gvimrc.
          > So, I just need to copy my .vimrc from linux to mac.

          You can also use the gvimrc. I use it for options which are only
          useful for MacVim but not for Vim.

          My .gvimrc looks like this:

          set columns=100
          set lines=60
          set guioptions=cegmLt
          set guifont=Source\ Code\ Pro:h14
          set guicursor=n:blinkon0
          set transparency=10
          set background=light

          Which also can be done with an if in vimrc. I guess it is a question
          of taste how you do it. Well, some options won't work on the GTK+
          version of Vim.

          Thomas