Re: pasting text: bug?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2013
      On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM, peiman khosravi wrote:
      > This behaviour is not consistent but it happens often.
      >
      > When editing something like this:
      >
      > <title> test - 5 May 2013</title>
      >
      > I copy a line, delete the text in between the title tag and paste the copied
      > line there instead. The result is sometime normal, but at other times the
      > new text is pasted before the <title> tag, rather than in between the tags.
      > Is this normal?

      If you select a line with a newline character, then Vim will paste
      *above* the cursor. If there is no newline character in the selection
      then it pastes *at* the cursor.

      It is a "feature", not a bug, I'm afraid.

    • peiman khosravi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2013
        OK, that makes a lot of sense now. Thanks for clarifying.

        Best,
        Peiman

        www.peimankhosravi.co.uk || Subscribe to RSS Feed

        To receive emails about upcoming concerts visit this page & enter your email address in the 'follow' section.