Re: New build snapshot?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2013
      On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Björn wrote:
      >
      >> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
      >>
      >> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
      >> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
      >> should build your own version [1].
      >>
      >> Björn
      >>
      >> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
      >
      > I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
      > problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
      > will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
      >
      > I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
      > time for a beta version.

      Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
      sound Bram?

    • Hwee-Boon Yar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
        I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

        Hwee-Boon

        On Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:24:01 PM UTC+8, björn wrote:
        > On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        >

        > > Björn wrote:

        > >> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
        >
        > >> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
        >
        > >> should build your own version [1].
        >

        > >> Björn
        >

        > >> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
        >

        > > I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
        >
        > > problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
        >
        > > will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
        >

        > > I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
        >
        > > time for a beta version.
        >

        > Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
        >
        > sound Bram?
        >

        > Björn

      • Douglas Drumond
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013

          On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Hwee-Boon Yar <hweeboon@...> wrote:

          > I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

          I'm not sure if this is possible due to Apple's NDA. Anyway, that shouldn't be a problem, who has access to OS X Mavericks is an OS X developer anyway and should be able to build MacVim with no problems, unless Apple breaks something underneath.

          --
          Douglas Drumond
          eee19.com

        • Hwee-Boon Yar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
            I tried to do a build with Mavericks earlier before I posted and had some errors regarding function declarations not matching. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this and not sure if I can post the errors exactly due to the NDA :)

            I'll research a little bit more and see if I can work it out.

            Thanks.

            Hwee-Boon
            http://hboon.com