Re: New build snapshot?

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8 3:56 AM
      Björn wrote:

      > On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
      >
      > I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
      > to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
      > should build your own version [1].
      >
      > Björn
      >
      > [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building

      I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
      problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
      will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.

      I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
      time for a beta version.

      107. When using your phone you forget that you don't have to use your
      keyboard.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8 6:24 AM
        On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Björn wrote:
        >
        >> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
        >>
        >> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
        >> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
        >> should build your own version [1].
        >>
        >> Björn
        >>
        >> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
        >
        > I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
        > problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
        > will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
        >
        > I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
        > time for a beta version.

        Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
        sound Bram?

      • Hwee-Boon Yar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11 9:27 PM
          I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

          Hwee-Boon

          On Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:24:01 PM UTC+8, björn wrote:
          > On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          >

          > > Björn wrote:

          > >> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
          >
          > >> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
          >
          > >> should build your own version [1].
          >

          > >> Björn
          >

          > >> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
          >

          > > I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
          >
          > > problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
          >
          > > will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
          >

          > > I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
          >
          > > time for a beta version.
          >

          > Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
          >
          > sound Bram?
          >

          > Björn

        • Douglas Drumond
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12 5:09 AM

            On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Hwee-Boon Yar <hweeboon@...> wrote:

            > I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

            I'm not sure if this is possible due to Apple's NDA. Anyway, that shouldn't be a problem, who has access to OS X Mavericks is an OS X developer anyway and should be able to build MacVim with no problems, unless Apple breaks something underneath.

            --
            Douglas Drumond
            eee19.com

          • Hwee-Boon Yar
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 12 6:10 AM
              I tried to do a build with Mavericks earlier before I posted and had some errors regarding function declarations not matching. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this and not sure if I can post the errors exactly due to the NDA :)

              I'll research a little bit more and see if I can work it out.

              Thanks.

              Hwee-Boon
              http://hboon.com