Re: macvim map! doesn't work. :(

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2013
      On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM, wrote:

      > I've just installed (dragged the MacVim.app onto Applications folder) the MacVim. I can't use a certain key combination such as "map! () ()<Esc>i" which works for doing auto-closing, other key mappings work well except the mapping in ~/.gvimrc. whereas the combination works very well in windows gvim and Ubuntu vim.

      I just checked and the map you mention works fine for me on 7.3.967.

      Try starting from Terminal with

      /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -u NONE -U NONE -g

      Then enter your map manually and see if that works. If it does, then
      you have a plugin or [g]vimrc setting that is interfering.

      Other things I can think of is that you may be using a keyboard layout
      that causes problems. If you're not using an English layout, try US
      English and see if that works.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2013
        Dear, Björn.

        The problem had come from the setting duplications. I've figured out what had been invoking the problem actually by your big inspiration. The detail is there were two same settings in .vimrc and .gvimrc and those were interfering each other. Now everything works well after eliminating all duplicated settings in both files. The actual thing I've done is having removed .gvimrc from home directory.

        Thank you for your big help and wish that this thread would help other people who may be suffered from similar phenomenon. Now I can use Vim on Mac freely.

        Cheers vim!