New build snapshot?

  • Jakub Turski
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
      Hello there,

      Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)

      Thanks,

      KT.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2013
        On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:

        > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)

        I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
        to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
        should build your own version [1].

        Björn

        [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2013
          Björn wrote:

          > On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
          > >
          > > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
          >
          > I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
          > to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
          > should build your own version [1].
          >
          > Björn
          >
          > [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building

          I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
          problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
          will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.

          I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
          time for a beta version.

          107. When using your phone you forget that you don't have to use your
          keyboard.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2013
            On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Björn wrote:
            >
            >> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Jakub Turski wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Is there a chance to get a new snapshot of Macvim available for download? Preferably with Lua support compiled in and patch level above 7.3.885 so people can use https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim ? :)
            >>
            >> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
            >> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
            >> should build your own version [1].
            >>
            >> Björn
            >>
            >> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
            >
            > I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
            > problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
            > will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
            >
            > I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
            > time for a beta version.

            Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
            sound Bram?

          • Hwee-Boon Yar
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
              I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

              Hwee-Boon

              On Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:24:01 PM UTC+8, björn wrote:
              > On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
              >

              > > Björn wrote:

              > >> I'm waiting for Vim 7.4 before I make a new snapshot. I don't intend
              >
              > >> to add Lua support as this just complicates the build process, so you
              >
              > >> should build your own version [1].
              >

              > >> Björn
              >

              > >> [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
              >

              > > I do hope you make a snapshot *before* the 7.4 release. So that
              >
              > > problems can be found and fixed. If you wait until 7.4 I'm sure there
              >
              > > will be bug reports and we thus have a less than perfect 7.4.
              >

              > > I'm still making lots of changes, hopefully in one or two weeks it is
              >
              > > time for a beta version.
              >

              > Sure, I can make a snapshot for the/each beta version. How does that
              >
              > sound Bram?
              >

              > Björn

            • Douglas Drumond
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013

                On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Hwee-Boon Yar <hweeboon@...> wrote:

                > I'm not sure what's the custom, but if preview builds of OS X Mavericks can be at least partially supported, that'll be great.

                I'm not sure if this is possible due to Apple's NDA. Anyway, that shouldn't be a problem, who has access to OS X Mavericks is an OS X developer anyway and should be able to build MacVim with no problems, unless Apple breaks something underneath.

                --
                Douglas Drumond
                eee19.com

              • Hwee-Boon Yar
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
                  I tried to do a build with Mavericks earlier before I posted and had some errors regarding function declarations not matching. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this and not sure if I can post the errors exactly due to the NDA :)

                  I'll research a little bit more and see if I can work it out.

                  Thanks.

                  Hwee-Boon
                  http://hboon.com