Re: 7.3.967 fails on Tiger PPC due to Python problem

  • dv1445@...
    Message 1 of 12 , May 27, 2013
      björn, on 05/27/13 at 08:22:23 +0200, wrote:
      > On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM, <dv1445@...> wrote:
      >
      > > björn, on 05/24/13 at 15:35:52 +0200, wrote:
      > > > I had a look and there are two issues:
      > > >
      > > > 1. Py_VISIT was introduced in Python v2.4, perhaps Mac OS X Tiger is
      > > > including an older Python version (otherwise I don't know why the linker
      > > > would fail)
      > >
      > > I don't think it's this; I have 2.7.5 installed, which MacVim prior to
      > > 7.3.965 works fine with. And the offending commit (and later ones) appear
      > > to be recognizing 2.7.5, rather than the old one built into OSX.
      >

      > I had a look -- Tiger ships with 2.3.x. It would seem that you are
      > compiling with the 2.7.x headers but linking against the 2.3.x library.
      > Most likely because the linker gets the "-framework Python" flag, which
      > causes it to look at the system default version. I've never built against
      > a non-default Python version myself so I can't be of much help with it.

      I just pulled the latest MacVim (7.3.1020) on my Tiger PPC box. It builds! Thanks for the fix.

      I also scanned the old config.log from when it wouldn't build, and I can find no indication that 2.3.x was being picked up. Everything mentioned either /Library/frameworks/python.framework/blah-blah-2.7-blah, or said "-framework Python". The latter is also what config.log says on the working versions and on other archs too.

      -gmn