Re: introduction + first question that will set the tone for me

  • Yuma Antoine Decaux
    Message 1 of 10 , May 22, 2013

      Hi Sylvain,

      Français peut-être?

      Thanks for the suggestion. I'm checking it out now, and there was a discussion between lectures on how programmers aren't programmers if they don't know emacs.

      "Light has no value without darkness"
      Mob: +61 (0)410732547
      Skype: Shainobi1

      This message is protected by article 4-210 of a certain book of laws but you don't have to worry about privacy issues if you are the intended recipient. However, if any freakish circumstance such as ip sniffing, honey pot open relay servers or an honest mistake caused a transmission error, please advise the sender and throw your laptop into a bubble bath to avoid all illicit data retention.

      On 23/05/2013, at 7:39 AM, Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> wrote:

      * Yuma Antoine Decaux <jamyad7@...>:
      As per the subject, i have a simple question, before i go on and try to work VIM out. Is this potentially accessible to blind users?

      I've been more and more nudged towards using command line only at UNI as all GUI oriented applications are either horribly slow or unusable with a screen reader, and htough i love the simplicity and responsiveness of the command line, i need something a bit more powerful for editing python scripts and other stuff i;m currently learning.

      Ok, since I haven't seen anything really concrete in the Vim direction,
      I'll be an heretic for once and recommend you check out

      As far as I know, this is the best and most complete speech-oriented
      interface for a programming editor. I'm afraid there is nothing as
      complete for Vim. For instance, emacspeak can use different voices to
      simulate syntax coloring when reading code.

      I have no personal experience of it, but heard mostly good things about it
      (not always as responsive as could be, but that is not so bad).

             once an Emacs user

      Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...>   GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99
      Page personnelle                   http://contraintes.inria.fr/~soliman/