Re: How to install DrawIT for macvim on Mountain lion

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
      Derek Ashley Thomas wrote:
      > Hey,
      >
      > I haven't tested this, but you want to try installing the vimball
      > using the terminal version of vim (just to make sure). If I'm not
      > mistaken they should both install a Vimball to your .vim directory
      > making drawIT accessible from MacVim (if its compatible). If that
      > doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the vba file such as
      > some incompatibility or bug that needs to fixed in the vba file.
      >
      > Derek
      >
      > 2013年4月14日日曜日 netkid12@... <mailto:netkid12@...>:
      >
      > Hi, I am new to Mac & to VIM/MACVIM. I follow instructions on
      > drawit.vba to run it with macvim and it says that is not a tarball
      > file.
      >
      > 1. Launch macvim by clickon macvim app
      > 2. open drawit.vba in macvim
      > 3. type in :so %
      >
      > I see in Macvim
      >
      > Error detected while processing function vim ball#Vimball:
      > (Vimball) The current file does not appear to be a Vimball!
      >
      > Can someone give step by step instruction on how to do this. tx
      >
      > --
      > --

      Hello:

      The test that's being failed:

      if getline(1) !~ '^" Vimball Archiver'
      echoerr "(Vimball) The current file does not appear to be a Vimball!"
      return

      So the first line of the vimball file should start with:

      " Vimball Archiver

      I think you ought to try getting the DrawIt.vba file again...
      http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#DRAWIT . What do you have
      for the first line in the file you have?

      Regards,
      C Campbell