Re: How to install DrawIT for macvim on Mountain lion

  • Derek Ashley Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2013
      Hey,

      I haven't tested this, but you want to try installing the vimball using the terminal version of vim (just to make sure). If I'm not mistaken they should both install a Vimball to your .vim directory making drawIT accessible from MacVim (if its compatible). If that doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the vba file such as some  incompatibility or bug that needs to fixed in the vba file

      Derek

      2013年4月14日日曜日 netkid12@...:
      Hi, I am new to Mac & to VIM/MACVIM. I follow instructions on drawit.vba to run it with macvim and it says that is not a tarball file.

      1. Launch macvim by clickon macvim app
      2. open drawit.vba in macvim
      3. type in :so %

      I see in Macvim

      Error detected while processing function vim ball#Vimball:
      (Vimball) The current file does not appear to be a Vimball!

      Can someone give step by step instruction on how to do this. tx

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
        Derek Ashley Thomas wrote:
        > Hey,
        >
        > I haven't tested this, but you want to try installing the vimball
        > using the terminal version of vim (just to make sure). If I'm not
        > mistaken they should both install a Vimball to your .vim directory
        > making drawIT accessible from MacVim (if its compatible). If that
        > doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the vba file such as
        > some incompatibility or bug that needs to fixed in the vba file.
        >
        > Derek
        >
        > 2013年4月14日日曜日 netkid12@... <mailto:netkid12@...>:
        >
        > Hi, I am new to Mac & to VIM/MACVIM. I follow instructions on
        > drawit.vba to run it with macvim and it says that is not a tarball
        > file.
        >
        > 1. Launch macvim by clickon macvim app
        > 2. open drawit.vba in macvim
        > 3. type in :so %
        >
        > I see in Macvim
        >
        > Error detected while processing function vim ball#Vimball:
        > (Vimball) The current file does not appear to be a Vimball!
        >
        > Can someone give step by step instruction on how to do this. tx
        >
        > --
        > --

        Hello:

        The test that's being failed:

        if getline(1) !~ '^" Vimball Archiver'
        echoerr "(Vimball) The current file does not appear to be a Vimball!"
        return

        So the first line of the vimball file should start with:

        " Vimball Archiver

        I think you ought to try getting the DrawIt.vba file again...
        http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#DRAWIT . What do you have
        for the first line in the file you have?

        Regards,
        C Campbell