Re: MacVim, remapping Alt-key as Ctrl-key

  • bobby wankenoby
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8 9:14 AM
      Yes, I couldn't find a way of doing it in MacVim, but you are right Chris,
      KeyRemap4Macbook did the trick. It is a FANTASTIC piece of software, the
      documentation is just excellent, I recommend it to everybody in difficult
      mapping situations.
      It allows you to customize mappings for each app, in an xml file that you
      can open from inside the app. It's absolutely poka-yoke.
      This is what I wrote in private.xml, for my situation:

      <appdef>
      <appname>MacVim</appname>
      <equal>org.vim.MacVim</equal>
      </appdef>

      <item>
      <name>Change Right Option key to Control</name>
      <identifier>private.remap_rightOption_to_control</identifier>
      <only>MacVim</only>
      <autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::OPTION_R, KeyCode::CONTROL_R</autogen>
      </item>

      Problem solved!