Re: Building against custom Python installs

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
      On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM, <carljv@...> wrote:

      > If you google around, you'll see lots of advice to do what you suggest, but also lots saying that doesn't work. E.g., here:
      >
      > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_mac/aE0fmxGH4p8
      >
      > Which seems to not have been responded to, but is also on SO here:
      >
      > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7294554/vim-compiles-with-wrong-python-version-and-not-working-with-needed-version
      >
      > And it's also spurred an issue just the other week on the Homebrew github here:
      >
      > https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/17908
      >
      > With some solutions talking about fudging symlinks to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current (which I tried but still doesn't work for me--why I do that I get no Python available at all.)
      >
      > All in all, advice on this issue is all over the place, and I can't get any of it working for me. I thought it might be good to have some official instructions. They might not be foolproof, but folks could post their issues there, instead of bits of hacks and out-of-date advice and half-remembered folk-wisdom spread out all over the web.

      The wiki is open for anybody (with a GitHub account, I suppose) to
      edit so feel free to start a new page collecting information (but
      please try to keep it uniform with the other pages).

      I know you wanted "official" instructions, but I have no experience
      with using anything but the Python version that ships with OS X, so I
      can't really be of much help.