Re: Can we have a File Drawer, please?

  • Chris Patti
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi Bradford;

      I don't personally mind NERDTree's current behavior, I always found the TextMate file drawer painful to use because you couldn't easily adjust the font size.

      Anyway, this might help.  This plugin allows you to always keep NERDTree open and some other options you might find helpful:

      https://github.com/jistr/vim-nerdtree-tabs

      Thanks,
      -Chris

      On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Bradford Smith <fingermark@...> wrote:
      It would be so lovely for MacVim to have a working file drawer.  I see a fork exists which tries to add this behavior:  https://github.com/alloy/macvim.  Why not try to merge this into the main MacVim repository?

      I already use NERD tree, but it's not quite the same.

      Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti@... | AIM: chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
      "Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar

    • Pete Schaffner
      Message 2 of 13 , May 22 5:03 AM
        > I have for a long time wanted to split MacVim into a view framework
        >
        > and an actual app. This way I could maintain MacVim as a "pure" gvim
        >
        > for Mac and anybody wishing to trick it out with drawers etc could
        >
        > simply reuse the view framework. I even started working on this last
        >
        > summer but got bitten by the "version 2.0 bug" (tried rewriting from
        >
        > scratch and ran out of time/energy).

        Hi Björn,

        Concerning your desire to refactor and create a view framework ... have you ever considered trying to get crowd funding/support to help with the time/energy problem :) Marijn Haverbeke did just this for his [Tern project] (http://ternjs.net) and it seems to be working out quite well! I would love to see this happen, that is the only reason I am inquiring.

        Thanks for all your work on MacVim,

        -Pete