Re: MacVim doesn't open windows anymore

  • Niels Kobschätzki
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
      On 11 Feb 2013, at 22:23, Bee wrote:

      > On Feb 11, 12:30 pm, "Niels Kobschätzki" <ni...@...>
      > wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I have suddenly a very strange problem: I start MacVim and no window
      >> gets opened. Pushing cmd+n or using the menu for that doesn't work
      >> either. Using the Finder and telling to open a file with MacVim will
      >> open MacVim but not the window with the file. In ActivityMonitor I can
      >> only find a MacVim-process but no vim-process.
      >> Each time I open MacVim in console.app I see the following error:
      >> 11.02.13 21:18:51,000 kernel[0]: MacVim (map: 0xffffff800eb78a48)
      >> triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff800eb78a48, region
      >> 0x7fff8f000000->0x7fff8f200000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this
      >> increases system memory footprint until the target exits.
      >>
      >> Pushing cmd+n doesn't bring up any error in Console.app
      >>
      >> The only thing I remember doing recently is updating my homebrew-stuff
      >> and removing XCode and installing the XCode command line-utilities.
      >> I tried deleting my .vim-folder, my .vimrc and my .gvimrc and nothing
      >> worked.
      >>
      >> Starting vim in terminal works fine. Starting the vim in the
      >> MacVim.app-bundle works as well. Starting the MacVim-binary from the
      >> command line opens MacVim, also with no window and there is no error
      >> message.
      >>
      >> Creating a new account and starting MacVim there works fine.
      >>
      >> Mac OS 10.8.2, MacVim Snapshot 66.
      >>
      >> Niels
      >
      > quit macvim if it is running

      [snip remove MacVim-preference-files from ~/Library/Preferences]

      Nope, that's not it. Still not working.

      Thanks,

      Niels

    • Niels Kobschätzki
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
        On 11 Feb 2013, at 21:30, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

        > Hi,

        <MacVim doesn't open windows anymore; no vim-process running>

        After using Onyx and all cleaned all caches, rebuilding launchd-database
        - essentially checking everything in the Automation-tab, MacVim works
        now again :)

        Niels

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
          Very interesting to hear that you managed to work around this issue.
          I've added your comment at

          https://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=363

          Björn