Re: Oddities In Running MacVim

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
      On Feb 2, 6:12 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      > There is a thread regarding this problem at [1].  Maybe you can help
      > out by generating a debug log as I asked in that thread.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Björn
      >
      > [1]http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=363
      >
      > On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Merrick Christensen
      >

      > <merrick.christen...@...> wrote:
      > > I can run MacVim from the terminal using mvim. But I cannot however open it directly by clicking on MacVim.app or running open MacVim.app. It opens but I am not allow to open more windows... Any ideas? Any error logs I could check out?
      >
      > > Thanks an advance!
      >
      > > Merrick
      >
      > > --
      > > --
      > > You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
      > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      >
      > > ---

      Has anyone tried osX in Safe Boot?

      Start with the shift key held down,
      the login will say "Safe Boot"

      Bill

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
        What are the permissions on MacVim.app ?

        That 'file' is really a folder (bundle) and should have the 'x' set.

        In Terminal do this... (if this is where you put MacVim)

        cd /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS
        ls -la

        What are the permissions of:

        /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/MacVim

        Does MacVim open if you do this?

        ./MacVim

        If MacVim opens, quit MacVim

        Bill