Re: Oddities In Running MacVim

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
      There is a thread regarding this problem at [1]. Maybe you can help
      out by generating a debug log as I asked in that thread.

      Thanks,
      Björn

      [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=363

      On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Merrick Christensen
      <merrick.christensen@...> wrote:
      > I can run MacVim from the terminal using mvim. But I cannot however open it directly by clicking on MacVim.app or running open MacVim.app. It opens but I am not allow to open more windows... Any ideas? Any error logs I could check out?
      >
      > Thanks an advance!
      >
      > Merrick
      >
      > --
      > --
      >
      > ---

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
        On Feb 2, 6:12 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
        > There is a thread regarding this problem at [1].  Maybe you can help
        > out by generating a debug log as I asked in that thread.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Björn
        >
        > [1]http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=363
        >
        > On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Merrick Christensen
        >

        > <merrick.christen...@...> wrote:
        > > I can run MacVim from the terminal using mvim. But I cannot however open it directly by clicking on MacVim.app or running open MacVim.app. It opens but I am not allow to open more windows... Any ideas? Any error logs I could check out?
        >
        > > Thanks an advance!
        >
        > > Merrick
        >
        > > --
        > > --
        > > You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
        > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        >
        > > ---

        Has anyone tried osX in Safe Boot?

        Start with the shift key held down,
        the login will say "Safe Boot"

        Bill

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
          What are the permissions on MacVim.app ?

          That 'file' is really a folder (bundle) and should have the 'x' set.

          In Terminal do this... (if this is where you put MacVim)

          cd /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS
          ls -la

          What are the permissions of:

          /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/MacVim

          Does MacVim open if you do this?

          ./MacVim

          If MacVim opens, quit MacVim

          Bill