Oddities In Running MacVim

  • Merrick Christensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2013
      I can run MacVim from the terminal using mvim. But I cannot however open it directly by clicking on MacVim.app or running open MacVim.app. It opens but I am not allow to open more windows... Any ideas? Any error logs I could check out?

      Thanks an advance!

      Merrick

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
        There is a thread regarding this problem at [1]. Maybe you can help
        out by generating a debug log as I asked in that thread.

        Thanks,
        Björn

        [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=363

        On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Merrick Christensen
        <merrick.christensen@...> wrote:
        > I can run MacVim from the terminal using mvim. But I cannot however open it directly by clicking on MacVim.app or running open MacVim.app. It opens but I am not allow to open more windows... Any ideas? Any error logs I could check out?
        >
        > Thanks an advance!
        >
        > Merrick
        >
        > --
        > --
        >
        > ---

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
          On Feb 2, 6:12 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
          > There is a thread regarding this problem at [1].  Maybe you can help
          > out by generating a debug log as I asked in that thread.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Björn
          >
          > [1]http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=363
          >
          > On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Merrick Christensen
          >

          > <merrick.christen...@...> wrote:
          > > I can run MacVim from the terminal using mvim. But I cannot however open it directly by clicking on MacVim.app or running open MacVim.app. It opens but I am not allow to open more windows... Any ideas? Any error logs I could check out?
          >
          > > Thanks an advance!
          >
          > > Merrick
          >
          > > --
          > > --
          > > You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
          > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          >
          > > ---

          Has anyone tried osX in Safe Boot?

          Start with the shift key held down,
          the login will say "Safe Boot"

          Bill

        • Bee
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
            What are the permissions on MacVim.app ?

            That 'file' is really a folder (bundle) and should have the 'x' set.

            In Terminal do this... (if this is where you put MacVim)

            cd /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS
            ls -la

            What are the permissions of:

            /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/MacVim

            Does MacVim open if you do this?

            ./MacVim

            If MacVim opens, quit MacVim

            Bill