Re: Vim app for iPad

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2013
      On Jan 4, 2013, at 11:34 AM, Bee wrote:

      > I used iTunes to put .vim .vimrc and .gvimrc on an iPhone for Vim app
      > to use. It is working quite well.

      Bill,

      I am not certain it was you, but I believe that when I responded to the above to the effect that I didn't see how to navigate on my iPad from within iTunes on my MacBook you responded with detailed instructions and the code from your .vimrc for my consideration in configuring Vim for the iPad.

      I had to give my MacBook up for repairs a week ago and just got it back this afternoon. I thought I had saved your message in a safe place---my email is IMAP, and I'm still a little vague about how operations on messages on one machine affect the other machine---and was looking forward to giving the instructions. Unfortunately, it appears between restoring my setup on my MacBook and my vagueness about IMAP the message got deleted.

      If it was you who wrote to me, and if you still have a copy of the message, I wonder if you'd be willing to resend it.

      My apologies for not being more careful.

      Thanks,
      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "You keep on learning and learning, and pretty soon you learn
      something no one has learned before." - Richard Feynman

    • Tero Toivanen
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2015
        My favorite editor in iPad is Editorial https://itunes.apple.com/app/editorial/id673907758 With it I can work easily with Dropbox files and also use devices clipboard. In Editorial you can make your own workflows and use Python scripts with them. So I think it should be possible with Vim also.