Cannot map

  • philipmat
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2012
      Since I'm hitting Command-P a lot when I really want Ctrl-P, I wanted to remove the print mapping and assign <D-P> to <C-P>.

      The <D-P> mapping just doesn't seem to take, though. It just performs P instead.

      macmenu File.Print key=<nop>
      nmap <D-P> <C-P>

      `nmap <D-P> <nop>` doesn't seem to work either, still just performing P.

      What am I missing or doing wrong?

      Thanks in advance.

    • philipmat
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2012
        Just to clarify, `macmenu File.Print key=<nop>` works, it's the `nmap <D-P> ...` part that doesn't.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2012
          On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:02 AM, philipmat wrote:
          Just to clarify, `macmenu File.Print key=<nop>` works, it's the `nmap <D-P> ...` part that doesn't.

          Maps which involve "D" are case sensitive. You'll want to

          nmap <D-p> <C-p>

          instead, see ":h cmd-key".